Sunday, September 11, 2011

Braghag






I have been the fashion intern at Cleo for almost three and a half months now, which means I sort of don't feel like an intern any longer, but rather a part of the team. I pack my brown bag lunches each day, I enjoy laughs with the team; which is honestly a rarely amazing and brilliant bunch. I'm trying (at times with difficulty) to wake up smiling every morning (literally) they say how you begin the first few minutes is an indication of what you're in for. Although, if this is the case, perhaps I should be alternating between the grinning and tossing money in the air? But I do find it really works! I feel so blessed with the opportunities I've been given over the past few months and I'm learning to say Yes! to more. I work with Ayanda, the fashion assistant to put together the upfront fashion pages and this is one of our 'workshop' spreads. I have to brag with this one in your faces, because I put a lot of effort into it and even did a little over-eager-beaver (pre planning meeting) layout of the pages on photoshop. I am very proud of how we made it all come together so nicely and I think it looks really good. Do you? If you like this, you should buy this issue and then every issue of Cleo ever after that. (While you're at it, buy one for your gran too)

1 comment: