Saturday, April 23, 2011

Go Dad, go!



Today is the the first year I have not woken up before the party goers leave the clubs, to sit along the route of the 2 Oceans marathon eating hot cross buns with my mom and sisters. We make a mockery out of the runners legs and strange running style while cheering them along, but all we're really there to do is give my Dad a big 'Go Dad go' when he strides past. Now I'm not there, my mom sends me updates along the way - the latest let me know that Dad is running alongside Bruce Fordyce; so here I am, waiting and hoping to catch a glimpse of Pai on the telly. My Dad is basically one of my favourite people in the world; when I was 11 I cycled my first Argus Cycle tour, which I rode him until I was 16. I hope to say I ran the 2 Oceans alongside him in the next 5 years.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Roxy, now that is a tear jerker post :-)
    I noticed that 2 Oceans commitment there.
    Rememeber those Argus rides and the early morning training rides.
    Love ya - Dad x

    ReplyDelete